If you are, it means you understand what you’re tracking, your deliverables and are seeing a consistent increase in traffic.
Make sure your SEO campaign is really working for you. We are capable to getting so much information about website usage now that it’s easy to overlook the things that deliver positive results.
The most important thing to focus on when dealing with an SEO campaign is:
- The goals of your website. Keep a laser focus on what you want to accomplish and don’t get sidetracked by other data
- An increase in your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Are people filling out forms, clicking on maps, downloading your catalogs more? Are they doing the things that are most important to driving your business?
- An increase in monthly traffic to your site
- Decrease in bounce rate – are people finding your web pages pertinent and spending time on your pages?
- An increase in keyword ranking
Keyword ranking is important, but it’s also important to determine if the increase in keyword ranking is meeting your goals, or producing more business. There may be other things you could be doing, including social sharing, blogging, press releases, content articles, which can help build overall traffic to your site.