Our marketing and creative team is proud to announce they won 7 New York State creative awards for work they did in 2022. 154 media companies submitted over 2,600 entries into the yearly and prestigious New York Press Association (New York Advertising and Marketing Excellence) Awards Competition. Participating companies competed for 380 awards in 70 categories. The entries were judged by members of the Colorado Press Association.
As a team, they took home 1st place in the prestigious and coveted John J. Evans Award for Advertising Excellence – a statewide honor. This was the fourth year in a row winning this award which is an outstanding accomplishment for the team.
Below is a recap of all the awards they won from the competition:
John J. Evans Award – Advertising Excellence
1st Place – Advance Media New York’s Creative Services and Marketing/Advertising Team
Advance Media New York earned the highest number of points in the creative/advertising portion of the contest among all the companies who entered earning us this prestigious award. This is the fourth consecutive year of earning first place in the total advertising portion of the contest. Accumulating 70 points in the advertising categories, the team earned points for Best House Ad/Ad Campaign (1st and 3rd place), Best Special Sections/Niche Publications-Newsprint (3rd place), Best Online Ad (1st and 2nd place) and Best Small Space Print Ad (2nd place).
- The judges said “When a media company wins the same awards multiple times, we know that both the judging and the quality of the submissions was consistent. This is the fourth consecutive year that AMNY has earned first place in the advertising excellence category. Congratulations to Advance Media New York!”
Best Online Ad
1st Place – Fulton County Fall Online Banner Ad
- The judges said: “Having your team go out and use a drone to capture the picture puts this ads at the top of the list. That art drew me into the ad with all the fall colors and the lake. I also like the call to action using the simple words, “View Activities. Great job on this one.”
2nd Place – Romano Mazda Black Friday Online Banner Ad
- The judges said: “It’s tough to design something different for an auto ad. However the automated flashed light on the car really pulls a reader in. Makes it feel special.”
Best House Ad/Ad Campaign
1st Place – Delivering a New Standard Ad Campaign
- The judges said “Lots of good, hard work shows through here. Good consistency across the multiple treatments. Lots of information well presented.”
2nd Place – Inside Syracuse Basketball Podcast Campaign
- The judges said “Clean. Well executed. Good use of white space.”
Best Small Space Ad
2nd Place – The Parade of Homes Quarter-Page Print Ad
- The judges said “Beautiful colors make this ad stand out. The clean layout makes it eye-catching and easy to understand the who, what, where, and when. Great ad!”
Special Sections/Niche Publications-Newsprint
3rd Place – 2022 NYup.com Travel Guide (Summer)
- The judges said “Great organization, and unique use of layout and design. A very user-friendly guide. “
Congratulations to our talent creative and marketing/advertising team and thank you to all of our clients for the opportunities you provide us with.
Additionally, if you are in need of marketing or creative services, we’d love to put our talent to work for you! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on our contact page and one of our marketing experts will follow up with you shortly.